Tuesday, July 27, 2010


A few explorations of print patterns (might be combined with some simple embroidery):































10 comments:

  1. i like these a lot. you made all of these motifs. they are fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Saakshi. yeah I made them all. do tell me if you have any ideas/suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you trying to make indian motifs and patterns or just global patterns...these dont look indian..but u can def make them by twikin a little bit..look at miniature artwork or madhubani or warli painting and see how the animals are pictured..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sharvari: well, my panel suggested in my first review that I try making them Indian. I haven't tried doing that though.. I'll see if I can. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shailee, I really did like your style and the use of colours. And Talking about their ethnicity, I guess they are fit to be in everywhere. Ofcourse, I do agree with Sharvari a bit, but I still have enjoyed thier potent thing as of now.
    All the best and keep pouring in with such creative ideas!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaliee these are great! I love the frog ones and the owls.... :) tell me what have u made these on....

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Manasi: Thank you so much.. Well, the motifs I drew, and scanned.. and since I didn't know much of illustrator, I cleaned them up on photoshop.. My lovely tablet of course!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are real cute Shailaa! The toucan can be better however.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks karno, yeah will try refining it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shailee i just loved the animal print sets. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete